Raz'Tra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raz'Tra

Raz and Talon will make beautiful babies.

2 posters

The Wanderers

Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

The Wanderers Empty The Wanderers

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Razelle Decile was having the worst week of her life. She had barely come to accept that her family and her people had been slaughtered only days before. She had been chased through the city after she unknowingly pilfered the purse of the richest noble in town (who just happened to be able to afford the most bodygaurds). And, to top it all off, she couldn't even drink her sorrows away because of her high tolerance for alcohol and her almost empty pockets.

With a deep sigh Raz reached for the last of her money and order one last drink. She was barely buzzed and her dark mood made sparks of flame jump from her fingertips, heating the metal. The bartender warily accepted her coins, relieved to find that they were only mildly warm. He handed her a steaming cup, its contents a deep amber liquid that matched the color of her eyes, and Raz chugged it all in one go.

Those tawny eyes flashed over the rim of her drink and she muttered a throaty, "Thanks" before resting her forehead on the wood of the counter. Her stool rocked precariously on its hind legs.

She only got a moment's rest before a man's lliqeored breath invaded her nose and warmed her ear, "Hey there, Red. How about we have som' fun?" A hand slid up her leg. She shuddered in revulsion and snapped her eyes to the intruder.

Had the drunk Feolan chose any other day to harass the fire-haired woman at the bar he might have gone home on two unbroken legs. As it was, he only suffered a few broken fingers, but his startled scream was enough to draw the attention of all who were in the dimly lit tavern.

A nameless face called from the crowd of spectators, "The lit'le bitch's 'urt Gover!" Those words seemed to set everyone off because suddenly Raz was being swarmed.

The Ruik girl lazily tossed a table at the oncoming mob and sighed in utter frusteration. Lady Azra has quite a sense of irony. She fingered the ruby earing dangling from her left ear while backing towards a corner and reached for the golden sword at her hip. All I wanted to do was get smashed, and now I'm going to be smashed.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

The Wanderers Empty Re: The Wanderers

Post  Halite Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:50 pm

From the corner of the room, Quillian Smith watched the fight with twinkling eyes. He'd seen a number of things in his life, but that Ruik was certainly something. He watched her reatreat out of the pub with the ease of a trained warrior, and almost laughed at the stricken expression on Gover's face, who was still holding his fingers. With a smile, he turned to his travelling partner, a shady-looking man concealed completely in a black cloak. His only visible features were his violet eyes and long, raven black bangs.

"Whaddya think, Talon?" Quill inquired, sending his partner a grin. "Should we offer a fellow wanderer some assistance?"

As expected, the other didn't reply, merely watching Quill with observing, intelligent eyes. Taking his friend's silence as a yes, as usual, Quill hopped up from his seat and weaved his way through the hordes of Feolans, leaving Talon alone in the corner.

Outside, he sought out the Ruiken girl, approaching with a certain measure of caution, yet still retaining his naturally good-natured expression.

"Say, you're a Ruiken missy, right?" His tone was sincere, a stark contrast to the suggestive, haughty tones of the drunken Feolans. "You wouldn't be lacking a place to stay, would ya? My friend an' I got two rooms... you're welcome to one of 'em."

Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:03 pm

"Yeah, I'm a Ruik." Raz stared at the stranger a moment before quirking her eyebrow. She considered his offer while also considering her current predicament.

The girl's eyes scanned the tavern as she took in the angry drunks ready to go for her throat: A man in the coner had flicked open some blades. A man across the pub had craced his empty bottle and raised it threateningly. Another man had hetfed a malllet that seemed to be bigger than she was. Raz tightened her grip on her own weapon and shot the room a dark, dark glare.

Her eyes caught Gover staring at his hands and she let a wicked smile curve her lips at thought of nicking his wallet on her way out, "Sure. You help me kick some ass and I'll pay for the friggin' room."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:28 pm

At her response, Quill laughed.

"I'm not one to make any trouble, Missy. But yer offer sounds mighty tempting. Yeah, I suppose both'f us could do with a little action. I won't be acceptin' any payment for the room... but I'll be glad to make some ruckus."

He tilted his head to the side, glancing back into the fray. Seeing the almost invisible flick of Quill's wrist, Talon gracefully slid to his feet and was across the room is seconds, standing by his side. He murmured something in an indecipherable language, barely audible as it was, but it sounded irritated. When Talon reached them, Quill speard his arms in an introductory fashion.

"Missy, this here is Talon. He's foreign, but he's the best travelling partner anyone could have, even if he is... well, a little oblivious." At his last remark, Quill chuckled, knowing the Miss would probably soon understand what his words meant. Then, he turned toward Raz with a cheery smile, awaiting her go.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Raz stared at Talon a moment, taking in his ridiculous cloak and almost gigled. As it was her lips twitched ever-so-slightly into an alomst unnoticable smirk.

"Alright. Let's bust some fuckers up."

With that Raz launched herself at the giant with the mallet and grinned at the smack of impact as she sent them both to the floor.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Without hesitation, Quill charged into the fray, blasting immediately into the knots of men in the center. He fought with only his fists, but confidently held his own. He took no notice to the unmoving Talon, who hadn't joined, but instead leaned against the wall, keeping a keen eye on both Quill and the girl.

It wasn't until Quill and Raz had taken down most of the guys in the tavern that Talon again approached his partner, standing by him and giving him a hard, reprimanding look.

"Well, you were no help. And to think, I just told that lady over there what a great buddy you are." His words were grumbly, and he was beginning to form a black eye. Taking in his shady friend's scolding look, he smiled innocently. "What? I needed a little action!" However, he chuckled after he spoke, patting Talon on the shoulder. "No... you're right. That probably wasn't too smart."

After finishing this one-sided conversation, he glanced around for the Ruiken girl. When he caught her eye, he threw her the keys to one of the taverns inn rooms, upstairs. "What's yer name, anyway, Missy? I'm Quillian Smith, but Quill will do."
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:53 pm

The Ruik girl kicked a groaning man below her when he reached for her ankle, a wide grin splitting her face. She looked at Quil with excitement glittering in her eyes, her lip bleeding, her cheeks flushed, "I'm Razelle. Call me Raz, I guess."

Her ribs were aching from Mr. Mallet's fist but the pain was only a numbed throb, beating with her heart and adding to her adrenaline. There was something about a fight that always made her happy... and horny. Even the guy in the funky clothes was looking kinda hot to the frisky Raz- what was his name again? Tagean-Tag-- Talon? Talon.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:14 pm

"Ok, then, Raz, nice to meet you." He turned to Talon, motioning Razelle and saying her name a few times repeated, trying to get the message across to him. Talon rolled his eyes and put his hand on Quill's arm, nodding irritably. Again, Quill chuckled.

"He's pretty adept at understanding the circumstances, ya know? He actually does quite good for someone that can't understand what anyone's talking about. But then again, maybe I baby 'im too much."

Pausing to shake a stray Feolan off of his leg, Quill turned toward the stairs.

"We best go up. Otherwise, The tavern owner's gonna kill us when he gets out 'ere. An' he's not one you wanna mess with."

He showed Razelle to one of their rented rooms, and tugged Talon toward their own. "The accomodations aren't anything to brag about, but it's somethin. We'll be movin' on tomorrow, sorry to say we can't give ya any longer."
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Raz dropped her bag on the ground and made herself comfy, shooting Quil a smile, "It's fine. I should probably leave early tomorrow anyway. I doubt I'll be welcome here much longer- that Grover guy seemed pretty popular."

Sighing, Raz tilted her head back and closed her eyes, pondering where she would go from here. She was, after all, searching for her family's murderer. Unforetunately, she had no idea where to begin.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:14 pm

It was early morning when Quill came knocking on Raz's door, the sun had barely risen. He waited outside a few moments before calling in softly.

"We're headin' out in a bit, Razelle. You might not wanna stay long after. Men here are usually kind fellows, but they get a bit rowdy in th' taverns, as you witnessed y'erself."
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:26 pm

At the sharp knock on her door Raz had rolled out of bed and straight onto the floor. Still half-asleep and caught up in her latest nightmare she tore the door open, sword in hand. She didn't notice the fact that she wore next to nothing to bed, nor the fact that she hadn't actually unsheethed her blade. Raz's morning reflexes were never quite up-to-par.

"Was's goin' on?" Raz blinked dazedly at her new friend, an exhausted yawn slipping out half-way though her inquiry. The poor Ruik had a fitful sleep filled with images of her bloodied kin.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Within seconds of the door flying open, Quill leapt back, his eyes wide. Talon was in front of him in a flash, a steady, solid defensive statue. It took him just moments to assess the situation, then he stood up straight and shook his head fecitiously, obviously unimpressed with the girl. Still, there was a small pause before he was able to look away, after which he stomped back to the other room grumpily.

Quill scratched the back of his neck, laughing.

"Woah, you gave us quite a scare, there, little lady. Don't worry about him. He can be grump. I was just comin' to tell you that Tal and I are headin' out in a bit. Thought maybe you might wanna come too, so you at least got someone with you 'til ye leave town."

His voice was all kindness. This girl was young enough to be his daughter, yet she already seemed as weathered to the world as he. Maybe he would find a kindred spirit in her. He could do with a friend who actuallly had the ability to communicate.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Raz leaned lazily against the doorframe, scanning Quil's face before nodding slowly.

She stifled another yawn and tried to shake herself awake, realizing how immodest she looked long enough to determine that she didn't really care, "You know, I think I might come with ya. As of now I'm pretty much just wandering until I find-" her eyes flashed fire, "- someone."

Raz turned her back on the man so he wouldn't see her pained grimace. Mangled faces- familiar faces- flickered beneath her eyelids and she groaned low enough to escape notice. She stiffly dropped her sword and went to change her clothes, readying herself for the journey to come.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Quill had the group ready to go within the hour, and lead them with ease outside the back, leaving his payment on the nightshelf. The village outside was already bustling and alive with people. Children ran back and forth across the grassy forest floor, chasing each other as well as the animals. Women also wandered around, most of them carrying half-finished baskets of breads, stews, and other appetizing foods. The men seemed to stay mostly under the cover of the smithies, the open walls allowing the smoke and heat to escape into the air. All around them, the clang of metal could be heard resounding from partially-formed sheets of metal armor.

As they weaved toward the edge of the village, Quill put his arm out, stopping the others. A huddle of Feolans with a small mix of other peoples gathered around the door of one of the nicer, stone cottages. Already, the earth seemed to climb up the side, as if it had been there so long that it was itself part of the ground. The air around the small home had a peace about it, and most visitors whispered, so as not to break the spell. Inside, a soft, musical voice could faintly be heard over the crowd.

"Smith, sir, of course. Well, indeed, these hands are certainly made for baking. Oh you seem to be shaped perfectly for the pickaxe. Well now, why are you here? I do believe I saw you just last week. You're destiny does not change over time, my friend. Merely the way in which it unfolds."

Beckoning the others to follow him in, Quill set himself in line behind the other strangers. He spoke softly, taking the hint from everyone else that this was a place more sacred than others.

"Come now, it's not everyday one happens upon a Shir'riek like this one. Yes, I do believe I've seen her before. Palm reads for no charge whatsoever. Believes it to be her duty."
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Raz scoffed in disdain, subtly hiding her clenched left fist behind her back, "Ha. Palm reading. Let's just go." In turth, Raz didn't want the men to see the little squiggle that was engraved on her skin. She herself had no idea what it meant but its presence had always worried her.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm

"Ah, come on. This is a rare chance, ya' know. Some people go their whole lives without meeting a Shir'riek!"

Quill's expression was disappointed. He seemed almost fatherly, but he didn't press the point anymore. However, he himself stayed put, intending to take full advantage of the opputunity that they had stumbled upon.

Behind him, Talon rolled his eyes impatiently, making a low growling sound and shifting uncomfortably.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Raz shifted uncomfortably under Quil's disappointed gaze. With her fist safely tucked in her pocket she grumbled in resignation, "Fine. You can do it and I'll watch."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 pm

Quill smiled.

"I'm sure you'll come t'yer senses when we get up there." His smile was bright, appeased. If the little lady came with him, maybe she give in and do the smart thing.
    The line moved forward quickly -- most readings didn't seem to take that much time. They approached the girl's table faster than expected, the air getting more excited with each step.

The Shir'riek girl herself seemed to be about nineteen or twenty, though one could never completely know with them. Though no one knew the full extent of their powers, it was rumored that they were immortal, and this fact was commonly believed, never denied. Her waist-length, straight hair was almost white, with just a tinge of creamy blonde. She rarely looked directly at the men and women around her -- those white eyes made anyone cringe back... they were so strange, so piercing.

As the two approached, Talon trailed behind, staying by the door as if he were keeping watch. Quill went to the table first, greeting the woman politely. He handed her his left hand as requested, then his right. The girl's eyes went hazy for a moment, almost saddened. Then she looked up and smiled softly, kindly. When she spoke, her voice was quiet and comforting.

"You have quite the adventure in for you, Quillian Smith. You're assistance is vital in events of great importance. Your name will be recorded in history with honor, and your death will be... valiant. You will be happy when the time comes. It will be for a good cause." She looked him straight in the eye, and he didn't cringe. "Remember, though. The future changes all the time, but your destiny is the same. This is the most detailed reading I've gotten in a very long time, and perhaps that is significant. I believe you are destined for great things."

Quill grinned, clearly pleased. Even the talk of his death didn't seem to disturb him. He moved pointedly to the side, deliberately making space for Raz and beckoning her.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Raz shrunk back, darting a frantic glance towards the exit like a caged animal. Her hidden palm had begun to sweat and she was sure that she looked ridiculously suspicious just standing there and paling quickly. She grasped the only weak excuse she had left, "Why doesn't Talon just go first?"
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Quill glanced at her skeptically. Talon still stood in the back of the room, by the exit, completely ignorant of the situation. He was examining the line carefully, frightening a few of the people away.

"Well, Missy. I honestly don'r know if it's any use to waste this lady's talents on Tal. I mean... he won't understand any of it. Why are you so scared of this? If there's anything weird going on, wouldn't it be better to just get it over with?"

His brow was furrowed, concern on his face. He knew she was hiding something, he just didn't know what. It wasn't even that he wanted to know... he just thought it better that she confront whatever her problem was. Maybe she could get past it. And no matter what it was, there was a Shir'riek woman right here. Even for a price, their help was usually worth it.

"Just give it a go, Razelle. Nothing bad can come out of it." His voice was gentle now, coaxing. He wanted this girl to get the troubles off her mind. Hopefully, she'd get good news.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:59 pm

With a deep breath, Raz contemplated her choices. Quill seemed insistant and she doubted he would let her travel with him if he knew she were hiding something. The Shir-riek woman was also looking at her expectantly.

Well, she thought, At least Talon won't know what's up.

Raz grit her teeth as she extended her right hand, her left still burried in her clothing. Maybe the shaman won't need to see my other palm. Maybe she won't mention my dead kinsmen...

Or maybe that's wishful thinking.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 pm

The Shir'riek laughed kindly and shook her head. "Other palm first, my dear. It's okay, I promise I won't cause any harm."
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Raz flinched, shot a wary glance at Quill's kind face and Talon's blank one, then proceeded to hand the shaman her fisted left hand.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Gently, the Shir'riek woman unfurled Razelle's hand, gazing at it intently, running her own fingers over it. After a few long minutes, she grasped her other one, then looked up.

"I feel... death. And fire, there is much fire. A strong connection, even for a Ruiken." After a long pause, she glanced into Razelle's eyes. "You three should stay together. There... is a third in your party?"

Quill grinned. "Yeah, that would be Talon. He's not exactly the social type." The Shir'riek turned her head to where he pointed, and her eyes widened. But Talon was gone. She soon dropped Raz's hands, as if she had forgotten she was still holding them.

"I suppose I will retire for the day. You three... I hope to see you again."

With that, the woman shooed everyone out of her home, leaving Quill and Raz standing just outide, where Talon was leaning against the wall, his eyes closed meditatively.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:39 pm

"I feel... death. And fire, there is much fire. A strong connection, even for a Ruiken."

The words echoed in her head as Raz, shaken and pale, followed Quill to find Talon. She thought of the symbol engraved on her hand, thought of her name, thought of her bleeding family. She thought of the whispering she used to hear at night, lying in blankets and staring up at the cieling- "Feed me" the fire whispered "I crave" "I hunger" "I burn"- and shuddered. She didn't even notice that her gaze had settled on her mysterious foreign "friend".

I'm cursed. She suddenly felt too hot, staring numbly through Talon. Fire bubbled beneath her skin and begged to be let loose, to devour. That's it. I must be cursed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:01 pm