Raz'Tra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raz'Tra

Raz and Talon will make beautiful babies.

2 posters

The Royal Ball

Halite
    Halite
    Admin

The Royal Ball Empty The Royal Ball

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:44 am

Entering the vast ballroom, Annabelle almost halted in the doorway with wide-eyed wonder. She had been to any number of balls, dinners, and formal calls, but she had to put this in a category all by itself. Never once had she been invited to a royal ball. Of course, the circumstances weren't exactly pleasant.

Just over a fortnight ago, she had been to a large dinner party at the Denardo's, a very respectable family. Sure enough, Prince Vasili, the younger one, had been attending as well and, regrettably, seemed to find her appearance and personality rather pleasing. That is what had gotten her invited to this event in the first place.

Now, looking down at her long gold gown, she was caught between a desire to socialize and enjoy herself, and the urge to run and hide. She had been courted by many men before, but never the Prince of all people! She wasn't sure if there was any way out this time. Though she was perfectly willing to offend those of lower nobility like herself, there was no way she could shake off a Prince without completely shaming her parents! Perhaps he wouldn't be so bad, or maybe he would lose interest?

Moving forward, Annabelle seated herself in a well-concealed chair by an exit to the hallway, where she had a good view while having the opportunity to make a quick escape. Attending this ball was the polite thing to do, but no one said anything about participating. As long as her name was checked off on the guest list, her good manners would be satisfied.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

The Royal Ball Empty Re: The Royal Ball

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:58 am

Kelenthe scowled darkly as she slipped around yet another merry party-goer. Honestly, did these nobles really have nothing better to do than to prance around in fancy clothes and laugh too loudly in their circles at jokes that weren't even funny? The scenery was, admittedly, nice, but that hardly justified the poor company.

She wouldn't even be here if it weren't for stupid Davyn getting himself drunk and starting that brawl with a knight. After tripping over his own two feet and sprawling across the street, Davyn had been halled off to be punished, leaving Kel to plot a rescue attempt (again). Now she was stuck in some itchy black wig, sparkling white gown, and demon shoes while impersonating an aristocrat in hopes of making her way down below to the dungeon.

Kel was intercepted by the millionth man claiming to know her and for the millionth time deftly disappeared into the crowds.

"By the gods, Dav had better kiss my feet and worship me after this."

Last edited by Kelenthe on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:40 am

Arem weaved through the hordes of nobles, stopping intermittently to chat with those who were bold enough to approach him. There was only one face, however, that he was searching for. A familiar face, from just a short many days ago. Finally, through the sea of people, he spotted her.

"Miss Farraday! Miss Annabelle Farraday!"

She sat alone in a rather secluded spot, a distraught expression on her face. He began to wonder if she was alright, and increased his pace, concerned. Absent-mindedly, he walked straight into a young woman! He immediately took her arm to steady her, his gaze breaking from Annabelle to apologize.

"I am so sorry, my lady. That was completely my fault."

He tried unsuccessfully to keep the irritation out of of his voice, his eyes fllicking to the woman. For the first time, he found he didn't recognize one of his own subjects. He scanned her up and down quickly, looking for any feature that might remind him of who she was. She had black hair, and she stood awkwardly in her shoes, as if they weren't sized quite right. When he glanced back toward Annabelle, she was gone, probably swept away by some other young bachelor. With a sigh, he reverted his attention back to the noblewoman in front of him, his voice completely suave. One would never guess at the inward frustration he felt.

"Im sorry, but I don't believe we've met. My name is Arem Vasili, Heir to the Royal Throne."

When the Prince had first begun toward her, Annabelle had frozen in panic. He was apparently very determined to find her, and she now had no escape! Perhaps it was luck, or maybe even a gift from the gods, but a poor, unsuspecting young noblewoman was trampled by him a mere fifteen feet away. As quick as she could, Annabelle took this chance to step back through the thick, cool stone wall and out into a wide, well-lit hallway, seemingly one of the main ones. She would wait a few minutes before finding the door and re-entering, hopefully to find a better hiding place.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:58 am

"Im sorry, but I don't believe we've met. My name is Arem Vasili, Heir to the Royal Throne."

Oh shit. Kel barely stopped the several curses from falling out of her lips and her fists clenched tightly behind her back. Of all people, of all high class to barrell into, it had to be royalty? Surely the gods hate her. If he only knew what she was planning he could have her head mounted on his wall!

"Er... I'm terrible sorry my... er..." Azra's tit, how does one address him? ".... lord. Highness. Leadership." There. That covered all her bases. Kel's eyes darted the bunch of people just over the Prince's shoulder. If only she could make it to them, she'de be out of sight in moments....

Sliding a hand into Prince Arem's she shook it quickly and practically shouted over her shoulder as she was jogging away (quite a feat in those darned shoes), "It was nice meeting you, had pleasant chat, ta ta!"
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:08 am

At first, Arem thought that the girl before him was just shy. She seemed tongue-tied, unable to speak. It was actually pretty cute. Then she spoke.

He tried not to laugh at the girl as she stumbled over her words, managing one barely comprehensible statement before taking off. Judging by the slight difference in accent and the, if he may say so himself, ridiculous grammar, this young lady was most definitely not a noble. Seeing as Annabelle seemed to have simply vanished from his radar, Arem decided to see what fun this girl was up to. Raising his eyebrows, he followed her with his eyes until she was almost out of sight, giving her a head start, then he strode forward again into the milling party-goers, looking occupied so he wouldn't have to stop and chat. It took only moments for him to spot her again, and he kept a steady eye on her after that, staying as far back as he could manage without losing her.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 am

Kel glanced around the confounded corridor in confusion. She had barely made it around the corner before she got lost again. At this rate, Davyn may be stuck down there forever while I slowly wither away in these hallways! Kel thought with a muttered curse. Blindly she stumbled on and barely managed to stifle her glee when she saw the (rather menacing) stone steps leading down, opting to give a little jig of happiness rather than a full blown celebration.

A grin gathered at her lips. She glanced at her feet and without a second thought whipped off her shoes and flung them away with a laugh. After liberating her poor feet, Kel began to descend the stairs, ignoring the way the hair along her arms had begun to stand on end. It's just drafty down here or something.

With that, Kel skipped her way down.

Last edited by Kelenthe on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 am

After what she thought to be a reasonable amount of time, Annabelle wandered down the hallway, seeking the door to enter back into the ballroom. She wanted to go back in normally, so as to not draw attention. However, after wandering down the same hallway for what seemed like almost a quarter-mile, she was beginning to wonder whether this really was the right way after all.

Sighing in exasperation, she turned and walked through the wall, not willing to get herself lost in this huge place. She realized her mistake too late, and found herself tripping into stone stairs up to her waist. Climbing out of the stone, which proved rather difficult when half of her body was essentially non-existent, she plopped down on the stairs, not willing to move up or down, lest it be the wrong direction. Instead, she just waited. Someone was bound to come along eventually. She kneaded at her skirt subconsciously, already bored.

She was rewarded with the sound of footsteps only a few minutes later, and stood up to find... the girl that had been trampled by the Prince?? Immediately her expression changed from one of joy to one of distaste.

"What is someone like yourself doing down here? And where in heaven's name are your shoes??"

When the peasant girl danced down the stairs to the castle basement, Arem stopped in his tracks, utterly confused. Out of this entire castle, miles upon miles of stone and shelter, this girl had chosen the one place of the castle his father had forbidden him to go. Did she know something he didn't? Perhaps she was looking for the dungeon, under the other side of the large stone complex? Either way, he knew he should probably retrieve her from that dark, uninhabited place. Nobody had been down there for many years, and it was easy to get lost in the extensive tunnels.

With a heave of breath, he strode forward, taking a torch from the wall before plunging into the depths.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:46 am

"What is someone like yourself doing down here? And where in heaven's name are your shoes??"

Dear gods above, why must you play with me so? This was the second time poor Kelenthe had to make conversation and she really couldn't help it if her words came out a bit harsher than inteaded, "Perhaps the lady should not ask such things when she herself is sitting before me. And as for my shoes? My horse ate them."

With a roll of her eyes Kel made a move to dodge the noble girl and continue on her way. She wondered at how her cousin was doing and if he even considered his approaching rescue. She prayed he wouldn't be too angry she was a bit late- after all, it wasn't her fault. Damned nobles.

"When Kelenthe gets her adorable little ass down here I will kill her." Ah, Davyn. Beloved Davyn was currently lying on his cot in his cell, his head lolling over the edge and his feet so long that they touched the ground at the other end. He had been waiting nearly an hour longer than he had expected and he'd be damned if he wait much longer.

If Kel doesn't get here soon, I swear by the gods I will die of boredom and haunt her for eternity!
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:57 am

Annabelle stepped in front of the girl yet again, eyeing her curiously. Then she took a step back (and down!) and laughed. It was a high, light laugh, very pleasant to the ear. It was in no way accusing or teasing, simply amused.

"You're wig is slipping, my lady."

She emphasized the last words, erupting in another fit of giggles. How had this girl passed as a noble in the main ballroom? Even now, she could hear the peasant accent in her voice. Not that she had anything against that. But, oh, the thought that a girl like this one might dress up and attend a noble's ball!

"So where are you really headed?" Annabelle leaned up against the wall, making room so the girl could pass her if she wished. She had no business stopping her if she chose to brush past without replying. However, that in no way meant she wouldn't follow. A mischevious twinkle sparkled in her eyes as she awaited a reply.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 am

Well, well, well. What do we have here? A noble who laughs without mockery? Kel's eyebrows riased as she studied the young woman in front of her. Very pretty, she noted. Gorgeous, really. Curly brown hair, green eyes, lovely smile. All in all, a nice face.

Curiousity got the better of her and Kel too leaned against the wall, a smirk curling at the edges of her mouth. With a flourish she ripped of her wig (thank th gods! It was begining to make her scalp sweat), her red-gold hair tumbling down and winked roguishly at the girl, "I, my lady, am going to, ah, visit my adored cousin down in the dungeons."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:17 am

Seeing the girl's reddish hair, Annabelle almost squealed in delight. She had always loved red hair, and had longed for it all her life. This girl certainly had a sense of adventure about her, a sense of adventure that appealed greatly to Annabelle. She slowly turned her head and glanced downward, trying to peer through the darkness.

"So that's the dungeon?? How daring! You're doing all this for him? You two must be close!"

She sighed and leaned back on the wall, simply absorbing how novel this all was. Imagine she should come across a rogue peasant-girl rescuing her criminal cousin from the Vasili dungeons!! It was like something out of a book! She was lost in her thoughts for a moment, then jumped when she noticed a growing glow behind the red-haired girl.

"Is someone coming??"

As he slowly descended the stairs, trying not to make any noise, Arem heard voices drifting up toward him. One was definitely the peasant's, but the other... the other sounded familiar as well, definitely feminine. He furrowed his brow, pausing in his tracks. This was all getting a little suspicious. What in Heaven's Name was going on?

Holding his breath, he continued forward again, hoping to come across the ladies before they noticed his light.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 am

With the grace of a dancer Kel drew two daggers, the steel glinting in the air a blur as she bid them from their hiding spots. She held them at an angle along her wrists, out of sight in case the intruder was friendly.

She shot a glance at the noble girl as she did so, barely stifling a smirk. She sighed when she realized that whoever was coming would set her back even farther and that Davyn would probably be furious by the time she reached him.

She nodded at the heiress beside her in the dark, her eyes steadily on the approaching figure, "Stay quiet and out of sight if whoever that is intends to do us harm."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:39 am

Appalled, Annabelle stepped back.

"What are you doing?! It's probably just someone lost, like I was. Maybe it's someone looking for me."

She couldn't comprehend the girl's reaction to the approaching company. Running away, sure. It looked like there was a turn farther down the stairs, a good place to hide. Yet this rogue, vicious girl intended to attack the approacher? She shook her head and dropped it in her hands, not wanting to see this. Her little fairytale had just turned into a nightmare.

The light washed over the young ladies and for a minute, Arem had to squint to make out their shapes.

"Miss Farraday?? Is that you?"

Indeed, it most definitely was Miss Farraday. What was she doing down here with the peasant? It took him a moment to completely recognize the other girl, as she had shed her black hair, which had seemingly been a wig, and now had red-blonde hair glowing under the firelight.

"Listen. I don't know what is going on here," he raised an eyebrow suggestively, "but you ladies really shouldn't be down here. Even those blessed with the gifts of natural navigation would get lost in those endless tunnels."

He flicked his head upward, trying to coax the ladies forward. He was starting to get nervous, the hairs rising on the back of his neck. Now he understood why his father forbode him to enter this place. There was something dark about it, and it wasn't just the lighting.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am

Startled, Kel had her knives back behind fabric in a flash with a move smooth enough to escape the Prince's eye. She couldn't help the annoyed expression that began to cross her face. First she tries to be valiant and protect the noble chit from their incoming guest and gets only a horrified scolding in return. See if she ever tries to save some rich brat again.

Then, to add to her mounting headache, she finds that the "guest" is not some suspicious man roaming the hallways for lost and vulnerable girls, but the stupid Prince himself! Agh! This is it. I am ditching these two, getting Davyn, and then beating his ass for getting me into this whole situation!

With an internal sigh Kel flashed a disarming smile at the Prince, shifting her stance into one of total and alluring innocence, "Pardon us, your Royalness. Miss... ah... whatever you said her name was here was attempting to help me... find the bathroom." Bathroom? Bathroom?! Gods, Kel, what kind of excuse was that?! "Um... why don't you take the lovely miss and return to the party to dance and such."

Kel barely finished her sentence before she began to return to her original task of hopping down the stairs, taking them two at a time.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:26 am

"Whoa, there!"

Arem dashed down after the girl, grabbing her by ther arm for what seemed like the millionth time that night. She was obviously in dire want to escape, but there was no way he was letting her down those stairs. If he wasn't allowed down there, he doubted anyone else was.

"Hey, do you even know where these stairs lead, girl? These are the basement tunnels! You'll never get back out if you go down there."

His tone had changed, addressing her not as a noble, but as the lower-class girl he knew she must be. Turning to Miss Farraday, above him on the stairs, he addressed her politely, blatantly showing the contrast.

"My lady, I believe it would be wise for you to return to the ball now. I'll deal with this one. I'm dreadfully sorry you had to get caught up in this."

When the Prince addressed her, Annabelle's face flushed with color. Though Arem was only politely requesting her departure, she still felt that nag of being told what to do.

"I think I'd prefer to stay here, thank you."

Her voice had a defiant, stubborn edge to it, like that of a child's.

"And what is it exactly that you plan on doing with her? Why don't you let her go? She's not doing any harm. Just get her somewhere safe and leave her be."

Though she was still almost whining, Annabelle's tone also had a ring of sweetness to it. She wasn't really questioning at this point, she was demanding. He just didn't know it. Delicately, she stepped down the stairs until she reached the two. She spared a sideways glance toward the other girl, not completely sure why she was trying to help her.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 am

Kel felt the color rising in her cheeks as anger unfurled in her stomach. Her eyes iced over when she heard the way the Prince addressed her. Gods, she hated the upper class with their snobbish ways and unjustified arrogance. They lived lavishly while looking down upon the peasants despite the fact that the poor could do nothing about being poor.

As the girl- Arabella? Arabesque? Annabelle, maybe- began to speak, however, Kel began to feel something akin to respect. Here was an aristocrat defending a commoner!

"Yes, my wonderous Prince," Kel couldn't control the venom in her mouth, painting her tongue and words in poison, "Why don't you unhand me and let me go! Honestly, didn't at least one of your millions of tutors teach you manners?" With that she tugged free of his grasp and turned on her heel to stomp away. She was sure that the tunnels would lead to the dungeon and if Annabelle could drag the Prince away she'd be good to go and spring Davyn.

Kel made it to the end of the staircase and onto flat ground. A chil ran up her spine and her ears popped as they always did when magic was near by. Indeed, shivers of magic seemed to run along her skin and leave her tingling in its wake. She ignored her instincts and pressed on- after all, she had wasted anough of her time.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:58 am

"Well, fine, I can-"

He cut off as the girl again ran, but this time he didn't run after her.

"If that girl wants to get lost down there and die, let her be condemned!"

His words were harsh in his frustration, and he began stomping back up the stairs. He refused to look back, not even to glance at Annabelle. Without a word, he jerked his hand, waving her to follow.

Annabelle, appalled by the Prince's words, turned and flitted down after the red-haired girl. If what the Prince said was true, there was no way she was letting her wander alone. Besides, perhaps her powers might be useful for finding one's way through a maze of stone walls.

In any circumstance, she'd rather get stuck in endless tunnels with a rogue peasant-girl than be forced to smile and flirt with a man she barely knew. And that was saying something. It wasn't until she reached the bottom of the stairs that she slowed, getting that heavy, staticky sense of expansive magic. Unwilling to be left alone with this chilling feeling, she broke into a run to catch up with the other girl. Her voice was slightly breathless, but she got hold of it quickly.

"Has someone been spellweaving back here?"
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Kel glanced over her shoulder at Annabelle, slightly suprised that she had chosen to follow, "Feels like it... But why?" A confouded frown settled across her face and she cast a gaze over the noble, "Hold on a minute."

Kel closed her eyes and whispered softly to herself, focusing all her power on her ears. When she opened them again the rest of the world was blurry and her other senses seemed slow and dull, but she could hear Annabelle's breathing thundering through her body, hear Annabelle's racing heartbeat, even hear the blood pulsing through her veins. She could hear the faint vibrations in the ceiling where the Prince was surely stomping away as well as the echoes of chatter from the main hall flowing down the stairs.

Further along the halls she could make out faint chanting, a swell of voices growing stronger by the moment. The words they were speaking were in a language so twisted and ugly, however, that she could no longer bear to listen and so she evened out her senses and relaxed her magic into a state of equillibrium.

"There's something going on up ahead. You can go back if you'd like, but I plan on finding out what it is."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Annabelle raised an eyebrow skeptically at the girl.

"Are you kidding? I'm completely in. This is way better than hanging around alone in some ballroom corner."

Without hesitation, she followed her over the cracked floor, barely able to make out her shape ahead. If it weren't for the dim light radiating from around the bend, she might have been completely blind. However, she wasn't sure if that light was a completely good sign.

"You're right, I think there's someone there. How did you know?"

After reaching the top of the stairs, Arem had composed himself enough to turn around and take his lady's arm. He was astonished, however, to find she was not behind him, as he had expected. Glancing around quickly, he ran back to the stairs.

"Ganthe's name! This lady had a twisted sense of adventure."

He shook his head and, wielding his torch, dropped back into the stairs, keeping a steady pace. He refused to get himself worked up over such foolish matters. It was when he reached the bottom of the stairs that it hit him, almost a buzzing headache. He whispered to himself, immediately on gaurd.

"The ladies aren't alone down here."

It was all he could do to keep from running in search of them, but he had to go slowly, making sure he chose the right path.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Kel shot a grin at her companion. She's not so bad. I may even like her! It was a funny thought, seeing as how Kel rarely liked anybody. Because of this that Kel replied to Annabelle's question haltingly, "It's a... talent, of sorts." Although Kel doubted that Annabelle knew anything of the lower classes and its people, she didn't want to risk soiling her new friend's opinion of her. The Bernares were well-known and feared, and their unique abilities were known of by anyone who knew of them. Kel didn't want to soil her new friend's opinion of her by revealing her rather crooked family tree.

"Right. Well, come on. Let's make this quick, I do have cousin to save, you know." Kelenthe twisted forward and marched off stealithly.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 pm

"What, you mean like your family gift?"

Annabelle said this casually, not really expecting an answer. The girl was obviously a little hesitant about her talents, so she let it go. For now, anyway. She followed the the girl without second thoughts, even when she got pushy. This was too much fun for her to consider being a contrarian. Her shoes tapped lightly on the cold ground as she trotted eagerly forward, rounding to see one of the many, large iron doors of these hallways hanging open, just enough to allow a slit of light escape. Shadows flitted across the opening, swaying as the low murmur of chanting rose and fell with an unnatural rhythm.

"This doesn't feel right."

Annabelle's voice was quiet now, barely audible, insistent. She was suddenly wishing she could run.

Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:57 pm

"No... no, it doesn't." Kel shot a quick reassuring smile to Annabelle and reached into her bodice for her knives. Her feet silently bounced across the floor as she crept to the slit in the door, pressing her eye against it and looking into the chamber. What she saw made her suck in a sharp breath.

"Oh, gods!"

A cricle of twelve red-robed figures stood around two pillars in the center of the room. Their chants had grown loud enough that Kel could hear them without any problem and the vile language they muttered in hurt her head. Her skin practically vibrated with the dark power they were summoning.

It was the thing caught between the two pillars that made Kel feel sick to her stomach. A spiderweb of thin black strands of magic stretched from one column to the other, glittering the in the torch-light. Wound among the gossamer threads was a limp body, pale and powerless. The web began to pulse and grow, more and more strands winding around the poor sacrifice until there was nothing but a thick black wall of horrible magic. A shadow writhed beneath the surface, like a reflection in a mirror.

"They're opening a Hellgate."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:12 pm

As he drew closer to Miss Farraday and her truant friend, Arem's heart quickened, and he began to feel slightly dizzy. He had finally come to realize the reason his father had banned him from the lower tunnels of the castle, but he already wished he didn't. He tapped his feet lightly on the floor as he approached the ladies, hoping to catch their attention.

"My ladies, we must leave this place immediately."

His voice was low, urgent, but truthful. Any second, one of those mages could notice their presence in the hallway, especially one as prominent as Arem's. With his bold bloodline, he wasn't exactly under the radar. His head throbbed as he tried to block out the sickening thoughts of the mages while still keeping the young women in his focus.

"Miss Kelenthe. I know your Bernare blood often prompts aggresion in you, but please try to overcome that right now. We all need to get away quickly."

His voice rasped slightly, trying to make them understand. Though he himself would never use his powers to control another, he was highly considering if they did not heed his pleas.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Um, shit. He knew who she really was.

He knew.

Kel's wide eyes watched the swaying Prince in suprise. She hadn't even heard his approach, and now he just dropped that little bugger of information- he knew?! By the gods, the Bernares must be more infamous than she realized if she was being recognized...

A rumble shook the stone floors beneath them and an unearthly scream tore though the door. Kelenthe thanked her patroness, Azra, that she hadn't had her hearing heightened or she probably would've gone deaf. Pale and rather skittish, Kel finally gave into her instincts to run, gripping Annabelle's arm and tugging her along, "You're right, my liege. Let's get out of here." Another roar shook the darkened hallway, "Quick."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Coming out of a state of frozen shock, Annabelle hit a flat run alongside Kelenthe. Her shoes clattered loudly along the floor, not that it would have given them away it this point, what with all that devilish screeching. A Hellgate? What were the mages doing openeing a hellgate? As they hit the stairs, she cried out it fear.

"Who were they??"

Grateful for the immediate cooperation, whether it was in good humour or not, Arem took off with the ladies, hitting the top of the stairs flat out. As soon as the others were through, he slammed the whole of his weight into the massive iron door. He doubted the door had been closed in generations, but now was a better time than any for it to shake off the dust. Though the huge hunk of metal was about three times his size and eight times his weight, he managed to swing it into the doorway with a loud crash, shaking his bones.
    Breathless, he addressed Miss Farraday's question.

"High Mages. Very. Powerful. Mages."

It took a few minutes for him to bring his breathing back to normal and, straightening his shirt, he plopped down on the floor like a peasant schoolboy, his voice now smooth and confident.

"So, ladies, what have we learned today? Maybe that when the Prince says don't go, you don't go?"

He leaned back, his expression cocky, a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. However, under the mask of arrogance, a hint of something darker creeped through. Concern. Confusion. Anger.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:32 pm