Raz'Tra

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raz'Tra

Raz and Talon will make beautiful babies.

2 posters

The Court of Thieves

Halite
    Halite
    Admin

The Court of Thieves Empty The Court of Thieves

Post  Halite Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Barely hearing Davyn's words, Annabelle glanced at him. She wondered what had gotten over him -- he seemed so different from the bold, flirtatious man who had first approached her in town. After a moment, she made sense of his mumblings.

"Oh, I didn't know there was a stable! Of course... that would be wonderful. I think he deserves it."

Though flustered, even embarrassed, at first, her voice gradually melted into warmth again, glancing sideways at the tired bay. Swiftly, she untied him, giving him a gentle pat.

"Where to, then?"
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

The Court of Thieves Empty Re: The Court of Thieves

Post  Kelenthe Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Once agin Davyn recomposed himself and glanced at Annabelle. He plastered a smirk on his face and took her hand, "Right. This way."

(Haha. Davyn has some serious mood swings. Wink And where is Arem!?))

"Reid. I'm fine." Kel sighed in exasperation. Since she had opened her eyes the King of the Court of Thieves refused to leave her alone. He sent away the healers, snuggled up with her, and then began to ask a million stupid questions like:

"Are you sure you're alright, Kel?" and "Are your pillows fluffy enough, Kel?" and "Do you need more medicine/food/drink/sleep/all of the above, Kel?"

It was driving her insane. Not only did Kel want some peace and quiet, but her bizarre dream was waiting to be deciphered and Reid was doing nothing but distracting her. Especially when he decided to scold her about worrying him, which went something like this:

"I thought I'd lost you." Kiss. "Don't ever do that again." Grope. More kissing. "I won't let anyone hurt you again." Cue extra long kiss.

Honestly, how was she supposed to think rationally with him short-circuiting her brain cells in between sentences? If only the idiot would just go away.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Annabelle raised her eyebrow, clucking to Rudy as she led him forward, tugging gently at the reins in her hands. She followed Davyn with a half smile on her face, sort of confused, but mostly mystified. This guy really was strange, but then again, she didn't really know much about the way things worked down here. Maybe everyone went through dramatic mood swings several times daily.

"So. Do you all have any mages around here?"

She tried her best to sound casual, but she hadn't exactly been trained in the art of deception, like most around here were. Sadly to say, her curiosity and hope was blatantly portrayed in her words. She needed to know there was some way to protect Kel -- she was sure the creepy basement men weren't going to drop their job half-done.

My Lord,

It seems the thief survived our spell. She's stronger than originally thought. Already, I can feel life flowing back into her, almost as much as before. She's healing rapidly, we need to act quickly before all of our work goes to waste.
    As for the noble girl... she has escaped our casts temporarily, but we will soon be locked to her again, for we have discovered her location. She ran straight to the truant, making our job that much easier. Greatest apologies, My Lord.

Your Loyal Servant
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Davyn let a grin slip over his face, lightly treading in front of the girl and her horse.

"Mages? Of course, of course. How else would the Court stay hidden?" He glanced back at Anabelle quickly, before snapping his eyes forward and hoping she hadn't caught his gaze. The stable were within sight and Davyn noticed that Reid's royal black mare was missing- the King had more than likely taken Kel for a midnight ride. Hopefully, the pair weren't getting into too much trouble.

"By Azra. Kel!" Reid squeezed her around the waist as she sped up, urging his horse forward. He scowled as the scenery rushed by, "You shouldn't be out here- riding, no less! You're only just recovering, and-"

"Oh, sod off, you worry-wort. What could possibly go wrong?"
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:54 pm

((I'm totally forgetting what's going on here, it's been so long! xD Lol.))

It was a relief to know that there was at least some protection against the mages from the castle. Still, Annabelle couldn't help but feel cornered. If they could find Kel here, could they not find her anywhere? Maybe it would be better if they left altogether. But after what was happenning now, they had to help. Right? After all, they were the only ones who knew...

Her thoughts broke off as Davyn glanced at her again. His eyes had averted so quickly--why was he acting so jumpy? Was something going on? The thought got Annabelle worried all over again.

"Is everything okay? You seem upset."

Arem paced the hallway, never losing a step, his eyes fosuced on the ground. On either side of him, stone walls rose hundreds of feet into the air, meeting in a massive curved, ribbed ceiling. This had been the main hall many, many years ago, before this land had belonged to Shargonians. Now, it was merely the edge of another abandoned section of the royal grounds.

He had come here to think, to be away from everyone else, to be in a place where he could be alone for awhile. Arem had tried to talk to his father over the past few days, but to no avail. The stupid old man was always with Lazaro, who never left his side. The situation was getting impossible, and Arem knew that if he couldn't make his father see sense soon, he would have to find other ways to get his attention.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Shit. She had noticed. Davyn grinned easily at the noble and laughed, "I'm just a little, um, uneasy. Haha, you know. Constant danger, living in fear, all that..." Wow. For a dreaded pirate and master thief, I really suck at lying. Or maybe I just suck at lying to really pretty girls.

Or maybe I just suck at lying to Anabelle.
    With that thought, Davyn tugged open an empty stall door and swept a gallant bow, "After you, mi'lady."

A random tree limb scratched at Kel's flushed cheeks as they whipped by. She threw her head back and whooped, urging her mount faster. Reid shouted a protest from behind, but she ignored him, as per usual.

The grand Shargonian castle loomed ahead, and Kel, recalling her odd fever-dream, aimed the mare in that direction. It's time to pay that Hellgate a second visit.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 pm

((Way to switch up your colors, teehee. *Glances at self suspiciously*))

Annabelle stopped walking, tugging Rudy to a halt. She stood still for a long, long moment, just looking at Davyn. After all that had been going on, was he really trying to keep stuff from her? Jerk.

"You know... for a truant, you're really bad at lying." Her hand was on her hip, her expression sassy. Her voice, however, was in good humor. Though she was offended and frustrated, she was on no way trying to put down the status of the truant. In fact, she rather admired thieves. After spending another few seconds standing there to make her point, she led Rudy into the stall.

His pacing grew faster and faster, more troubled, angsty. Eventually, he couldn't take it anymore. Arem leapt up and broke into a run. He had to get back to that Hellgate. He had to see for himself what was going on.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 pm

((Haha. Oops.))

Davyn hid a flush and followed, scratching at his neck, "I do not suck at lying! I once lied my way out of the hangman's noose. Quite exciting, really. Kel nearly slit my throat when she found out I was at the gallows in the first place."

They made it into the courtyard unnoticed, and Kel quided them to the servants' entrance. Reid caught her eye as she dismounted. His face was serious for once, cold and strong- his King's face. His back was ramrod straight and he remained stiffly in the saddle.

"Kel... What are you planning?"

The thief looked away from him, staring at the entrance with blank eyes. She was measuring, calculating- he knew that look.

"Kel."

With a sigh, Kelenthe glanced at Reid. She knotted the reigns firmly to the tree and stroked the mare's nose, once again avoiding his eyes, "I'm going to see the Hellgate."

"And why would you do something as stupid as that?" Reid's voice was deceptively calm.

"Because it was calling to me, Reid! I dreamt about it when I was... er, sick, and something inside of it called to me!" She turned to go, glancing at the sky and estimating how long she had until sunrise.

Reid grabbed her wrist before she could stride away. With a growl he swung he around and pinned her to the tree, "I have yanked your adorable little ass out of trouble too many times to count, but never before has it been trouble this deep. I have almost lost you for the millionth time this week, sweetheart, and I don't plan on letting it happen again tonight."

Kel struggled and fought but Reid stubbornly kept her there. With a sigh she fell limp and stared up at his face. Her eyes begged and he softened, ever-so-slightly.

"Give me one good reason, Kel."

"Because I have to. Because there's something going on, and I'm stuck in the middle of it. Because until fix this I'll continue to be in danger." She paused and grinned wickedly, "Because if we don't so this now I'll just come back another night all on my lonesome."

Reid's grip loosened and he sighed, massaging his temples, "Azra, I hate you sometimes."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:53 pm

"Oh, silly me. Of course you're a wonderful liar, how ever could I have mistaken?"

Her voice rang out from the stall, fecetious, but high and light, like a bell. After a few minutes, she emerged. Hanging awkwardly from her arms was the dirty, sweat-covered saddle, pad, and bridle, seemingly too big and bulky for her small, delicate arms to support. They soiled whatever clean spots were left on her ruined dress, though it somehow still sparkled when the light hit it right.
    Her hair, which she had pulled back into a messy, curly bun, now had one or two pieces of straw caught in it from crouching down to check her mount's hooves. She stood leaning against the door for a bit before speaking again.
    "So... should I leave these in the stall or do you have a tack room?"

It took almost twenty minutes for Arem to reach the tunnels, running full out the entire time. By the time he reached the stairs, he was shaky and exhausted. He rested for almost a half hour before descending, going back through his memories telepathically to check he was on the right course. When he reached the doorway, he stopped dead, staring in at the gate as the exact memory of that night played in his head again.

Without being surrounded by dark mages, the gate didn't seem so austere. Still, there was a forbidding air around it that kept him on the edge of the room, causing him to jump every time a moan or cackle escaped through its depths.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Davyn took in the slight form, the little grin, the huge saddle. Adorable. She's so gods-damned adorable! With a small smile, Davyn heaved her burden from her and went to the tack room. He finished off the errand and returned to the noble girl, taking in her dirtied gown. That same adjective flashed through his mind for the millionth time but he managed to fight down his giddy laugh and steadily meet her gaze, "We could probably find you some nicer clothes now, if you'd like? We do like to live luxuriously here at Court, you know. Why else would we be thieves?"

"Hurry the hell up." Kel snapped. She stumbled along the dark hallways silently, glancing back at Reid every so often. The King's eyes wandered whenever he caught something gold, expensive, or shiny.

Kel had heightened her sense of smell and now followed the ash-like scent of dark magic. Reid trailed behind, an alert shadow. They descended an achingly familiar staircase and were seconds away from the chamber. Raz noted that the door was ajar once again, but thought nothing of it.

Reid brought her to a halt, his eyes scanning her face. He let his fingers slide gently down her cheeks, and she closed her eyes and sighed. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

After a moment's deliberation, Kel grinned savagely, tugging his fingers from her face and into her hers, "Too late to turn back now."

With that, she pulled him with her into the ominous room.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Annabelle held onto the saddle for a second. She had been perfectly willing to carry it herself, but... no. If he wanted to be gentlemanly, that was fine with her. She watched him go and return, still standing by the stall. She took no notice to the condition of her dress... at least not until he mentioned it.

"Oh... oh! Look at it. This was my favorite. Ah, well. It may actually be prettier now... more unique..." she trailed off, her eye snapping up as she blushed embarrassedly. It was just like her, the trained, drilled noble, to go off on a tangeant about fashion in a time like this.

"I think this will be fine, so long as I could find a place to wash it. I have other things with me, too."

Hearing approaching footsteps outside, Arem froze. Who would be coming down here aside from dark mages? Slipping into the shadows, he hid in the corner, anticipating what he might do if he was discovered. To his surprise, it was not a mage that entered, but Kelenthe, that thief-girl from before. Hadn't he told her to stay out of his presence? He had commited treason for her! Suddenly dropping any sense of fear or tension he held on to, Arem stepped smoothly away from the wall, standing a ways behind the girl and her friend.

"Hey there, little truant."
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm

"'Unique'?" Davyn snorted and grinned widely down at her. He paused to think of his own chambers, suddenly wishing for a nice, long nap.

"We can head to my room and you can wash up, I guess. Reid left before he could get you a room, so you're stuck with me 'till they get back... Unless you want to brave the other thugs, and not all of 'em are as nice as me."

Kel had a knife in her hands before she had even registered who the speaker was. Reid, a step ahead, as always, was already advancing on the "enemy".

"Wait! Reid!" She sheathed her weapon and gripped the King's arm, tugging him back in place beside her. The Hellgate shimmered in the center of the room, but Kel's attention was drawn to Arrem, "That's the Prince."

Recognition lit Reid's eyes, and he smirked very subtly. So this was the royal that Kel wouldn't shut up about. He caught the slightly disgruntled look on his companion's face and his smirk grew, "Guess you weren't expecting his company, aye, sweetheart?" He tugged her by her waist to his side and she scowled against his shoulder.

"Why the hell is he here, anyway?" Kel childishly ignored the Prince and spoke to her friend instead, "Tell him to go away. I have business to attend to."

Last edited by Kelenthe on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Annabelle almost protested. Stay in the room of a man? It was simply unacceptable. She'd rather room with the horse. However, she knew she needed a good night's rest, and her and Davyn had been alone long enough that if he had wanted to try anything, he would of. It wasn't that she had anything against a guy seeing her in her nightclothes, though her parents would be appalled. Hell, they covered just as much as her dress... maybe even more!! She responded with her usual sarcasm, trying to disguise the little sense of adventure she felt at staying in a man's room, even if it ((thankfully)) wasn't in a... naughty... sense.

"I suppose it would be better than rooming with my mount."

Immediately, Arem's inner defenses went up. What was with that bitch? His eyes narrowed, and he dropped his hands casually into his pockets.

"If you hadn't noticed, this is my castle. The only ones who should be leaving is you. However, since we seem to be here for the same purpose, I was hoping you might want to cooperate a little. Working together. Ever heard of the concept?"

Usually, Arem wouldn't have been this ornery, but the way that man was wrapping himself all over Kel in such a possesive way... it irked Arem. He wasn't try to steal the man's woman... why was he getting all territorial? He was probably a selfish bastard. As tempting as it was, Arem refrained from entering the man's mind. He had been taught only to use his telepathy in such a way in dire cirsumstances.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Kel's jaw locked and her eyes narrowed, fists clenching at her sides. Reid barely stifled a laugh. He had seen that look many, many times. Unwillingly, the King of the rogues let her step out of his arms and march toward her opponent, ready to give him a verbal lashing.

"As a matter of fact, I haven't heard of the likes of me 'working together' with a stupid, spoiled, stuck-up pretty boy." She spat the last word, poking the Prince roughly in the chest and glaring roughly up into his face. Vaguely, she noted that his eyes were a very lovely color, but the rest of her mind was stuck on his terrible attitude. She had always hated nobles- they all thought they were better than everyone esle, dammit!- and Arem was proving her intial prejudices correct. The way he said 'my castle', with that annoying little...! I hate...! That idiotic...! UGH.

Davyn let out a startled laugh, almost bark-like. With his ever-present grin, her turned on his heel and waltzed off, guiding fair lady to his chambers. The hallways were familiar and easy to navigate. The pair reached his rooms in no time.

As he slowly pushed open the door his thoughts automatically turned to the many other times that he had brought a woman back here. The images in his head lined up with his constant awareness of Anabelle and blended together into an entirely too-satisfying picture. Davyn shook his head, as if to clear it- he didn't- and cleared his throat.

"Taa-da. Home, sweet home."
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:45 am

Arem raised an eyebrow, barely budging when Kelenthe poked him. What was this now? Ah, she was being completely serious.

"Listen, little truant. I can see that teamwork obviously isn't a word in your limited vocabulary. But, I could be of great use to you. There are many things I didn't mention the night we fled the Hellgate. Many things that could help us get rid of this... this disaster."

He hesitated over those last few words, biting his lip. He hadn't told anyone of his brother's and father's presence in the room. But he knew he would have to play a big role if they were going to fix this. He was their family, after all. For a second, he stood silently, feeling too treasonous to continue. Then, he gave a light, lopsided smile, his eyes showing plainly his dislike for the two.

"As for that last comment... I will not dignify it with a response."

Upon entering the thief's home, Annabelle was surprised. It was so... cute! She hadn't expected the home of, the, well, lower-classed people to be so nice. She knew most of the things in here were probably stolen, but that was fine with her. This guy, Davyn. He had good taste. It took her a few moments to notice the one thing about his home that would make her stay here awkward: the bed. As in singular.

"Umm... Davyn? Where should I sleep?"
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Davyn's stomach flipped at the question, one he had her several times before. The answer had never been different, and the result was always another woman under him. This time, however, her smiled gently and gestured towards his bed.

"You sleep there, I'll take the ground." Deep down inside Davyn childishly pouted over the loss of sleep he was sure would result from stiffly curling up on the floor, but the desire to please Annabelle was too hard to ignore.

Kel's finger wilted slightly when she noticed how easily he cast of her pokes and her ramarks. Azra, it was almost embarassing.

With a haughty sniff Kel summoned all of her dignity, all of the regal qualities she kept hidden until disasters struck and she had to bail Davyn out of trouble, "Very well. What imformation have you kept from us and how quickly can we be rid of this... problem?"

The "problem" flickered as if sensing the conversation taking place and Raz flinched backwards as if it had struck her, her face comically shocked. It reminded Reid of the time when they were very young and he had told her that his horse wasn't real, merely a statue and she had believed him and tugged its tail until it reared and snorted and she had come running into his arms.

Reid stifled a snicker and watched his lover's back. She was so adroably stupid sometimes.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 am

Annabelle felt bad taking the bed. After all, was this not his home? Was she not the intruder? All the same, she was a lady, and he--well at least somewhat--a gentleman. It was the proper thing to do. She nodded her had and thanked him, her cheeks slightly flushed as they always seemed to get at the silliest moments.

"That's very kind, Davyn. Thank you... so much."

Arem stood silently for a few minutes, contemplating in the shadows. He stood taller than Kelenthe, the other man being too far for it to matter, in such a way that he barely had to tilt his head down, causing the shadows cast by the Hellgate to dance across his face, accentuating his already sharp features. Taking a deep, silent breath, he spoke quietly, cryptically. This was troublesome, painful, enough as it was. He wasn't about to tell all blatantly. He knew his politics.

"I have... connections... within the mages. Many of those in this room that night, the ones that summoned and have control of the 'gate. I know them. Personally. If we're going to do anything to reverse this, we'll need them, and I can be the one to do the persuading."

His speech had dropped slightly, the light formality almost diminished, until he spoke almost like any other peasant or truant. The thought of such relaxed speech dusgusted him, and he had to stop himself before he... cursed... or something. Now that would be a low thing to do.
    Kelenthe
    Kelenthe

Post  Kelenthe Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:06 pm

((Haha. I'm assuming Arem's thoughts on cursing are a jab at Kel? Very Happy))

"By Azra's tits! You're connected to those mages?! And you couldn't have mentioned this sooner?!" Even while she was yelling at him, Kel absently noted that the lighting did wonders to Arem's eyes.

Reid, who had crept upon her like the silent thief he was, gently touched her wrist and startled her out of her wits, "Perhaps, sweetheart, he may not have been able to say anything earlier. You were, after all, only moments ago losing your temper."

"Shut it, D'Accord. You...! Ugh. I was not losing my temper. I was merely expressing my righteous indignation."

"It's no problem." Davyn took Annabelle's hand and gently tugged her to the bed, handing her an extra shirt that he had scooped up from the ground, "Pleasant dreams. I'll be out of your way in a sec' and then you can change and be off to dreamland."

Davyn grinned and turned away, stripping out of his shirt and tossing it to the floor. He cast about the room for extra bedding, vaguely wondering where his cousin and Reid had disappeared to- Probably Reid's room. Again.- before he left for his bath chambers to give Annabelle some privacy.
    Halite
    Halite
    Admin

Post  Halite Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 pm

As Davyn turned away, Annabelle took a second to examine him--for real. He actually wasn't that bad-looking. She had always been under the impression all truants would be, well... unpleasant. When he took off his shirt as he left the room, she started. At first, she inwardly panicked, then she realized he was only leaving to attend to his own business.
    When he left, she sat down on the bed--surprisingly comfortable--and pondered. Her mind wandered back to his hand touching hers just a few moments before. He was so... mysterious!

She had always been one to chase after (and lead on!) the lesser more... "adventurous"... men, if only to spite her parents. But... she couldn't do that now!! This situation had actual importance. She was used to going after any slightly "naughty" guy in the vicinity, but no more! She'd get over herself soon enough.

Realizing she had been lost in thought for some time, Annabelle hopped up lightly to her feet. She didn't know how long Davyn took to bathe, but he could be back any second. Somewhere in her bag, she was sure she had thrown some nightclothes, but somehow... well, the old shirt just seemed more appealing to her. Not that it was, well, more "adventurous" or anything. She's never think of such things. Glancing around to make sure he hadn't returned yet, she dropped her dress and reached for the shirt.

((Heh, yeahh. Lol.Smile))

Arem smirked. This girl was a riot, really. He actually had to hold back a chuckle, though a little of his amusement did escape, and suddenly, his mood was much more light-hearted.

"Yes, little truant. I know, actually, the lot of them. Every single one, in some way, shape, or form. Some... closer... than others."

His face became serious again, though not terribly somber, merely thoughtful.
    "And as for the King... well, I can tell you one thing. He isn't... in his right mind. He's being controlled."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:43 pm